Thursday, November 29, 2007

Job Descriptions


What is it with Job Descriptions ? Why are they not straight forward ? I mean, some times it feels like when you are going for a job that they think you know everything. They try to be that little bit too technical about describing the role.

I feel a little lost when I open the jobs section and I see all this fancy explanations about what they require from the applicants. I mean how hard is it to write these descriptions ?

Here is one I came across today
Person specification:-

* Degree level in Business, Arts, or Marketing
* Six months sales experience is ideal
* Experience in recruitment is an advantage
* Dynamic
* Motivated
* Ambitious
* Self-stater

After a period of training the successful person will:-

* Develop business through cold calling and lead generation
* Demonstrate sales ability and hit targets
* Promote and present our suite of products to HR professionals
* Build new relationships and strengthen existing ones
* Provide client support

The Opportunity

Work with one of Ireland’s most dynamic and best known brands, as part of one of the most successful sales teams in the country. Develop your presentation/client facing skills through sales meetings with HR Managers/Directors throughout Dublin and beyond.

Executives who achieve are given the opportunity to travel abroad and work for our sister companies, as well as promotions within Ireland for star performers.

1 comment:

Mazda CX-7 Turbocharger said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..